One-on-One Life and Family Coaching
I would love to work with you! I offer flexible one-on-one coaching both in-person and through video conferencing. So, if you live outside the Kansas City area, don’t let that deter you. Although I love getting together with clients in person, I have found that video conferencing can be equally effective, and even local clients many times prefer it because of convenience.
Interested in knowing more? I offer a free no-obligation, no-pressure consultation, and I would enjoy having the chance to talk with you to see if working with me would be a good fit. And whether we decide to work together or not, you will come away with some encouragement and additional insight through our conversation.
What You Can Expect
I have worked with many counselors and coaches through the years. Some were very helpful, and to be honest, some were not. So, when I became a coach, I determined that I wanted to learn from those experiences to bring together the best from all of those and be the coach that I would have wanted to work with. These are the characteristics you can expect from me as a coach—
- Encouraging. I want you to come away from our time together feeling refreshed and encouraged. I want working with me to feel like a warm embrace. At one point when my husband and I were dealing with a very difficult problem with a child, we worked with someone that made us feel like that. And that is what I want to pass on to you.
- Client-Directed. I will listen to your goals and respect your priorities. You are the expert when it comes to your life and your family. I will listen and ask questions to understand the situation and what has and hasn’t worked for you in the past. I won’t assume I know what is best for you, and I will let you set the pace. A prospective client once told me she wasn’t ready to work with a coach yet because she was so overwhelmed and didn’t want to be assigned a bunch of tasks that she wasn’t ready for. That is not how I work. When you are feeling overwhelmed, that is a great time to start working together because I can help you get relief from feeling overwhelmed first and then work with you from there to reach your goals at your own pace.
- Goal-Driven. We will walk together through the process of identifying your priorities and setting goals based on those priorities. We will set specific goals for each session and strategically work toward those goals, while still including flexibility to pursue subjects that come up as you feel the need. At the end of the session, we will circle back to discuss progress toward your goals, any action steps you want to take and what accountability would be helpful for you to have.
- Distinctly Christian. You, of course, do not need to be a Christian to work with me, but I am always open about my faith. When working with Christians, I approach coaching from a Christian worldview, and I will do everything I can to support and encourage your faith.
- Flexible. I offer both in-person and video conferencing, and local clients even can choose which works best for them on a weekly basis. I also know that sometimes situations come up when it is very helpful to be able to schedule an extra session on short-notice. So, I make it very easy to request short-notice appointments and work hard to meet with clients as soon as possible in these situations. Unlike many coaches, I am available to work with both parents and teenagers. So, if you would like me to meet with both you and your child either together or separately, I am happy to do that.
- Affordable. I know coaching can be extremely valuable, so it is important to me to keep my rates low to be accessible to more people. My current rate is only $75 for a 50-minute session.